GEAR UP 2-Day Summer Math PD
July 22 & 23, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
WKEC Conference Center – 435 Outlet Avenue, Eddyville, KY 42038
For GEAR UP participating districts only (Ballard, Caldwell, Carlisle, Crittenden, Fulton Co., Fulton Ind., Hickman, Mayfield, McLean, Paducah)
The 2- Day GEAR UP Math Summer professional development opportunity will be led by GEAR UP STEM Consultants, Stephanie Overby and Greg Gierhart.
Day 1 – Topics to be discussed:
- Powerful Math Tasks
- The Math Teaching Practices – Standards of Math Practices
- Vocabulary-Reading-Writing in the Math Classroom
- What To Do When Explicit Instruction Doesn’t Work
Day 2 – Topics to be discussed:
- Making Sure Units Align With The New KAS
- Incorporating Vocabulary Strategies
- Pre-Writing Questions to Promote Mathematical Discourse
- Embedding Rich Math Tasks Into The Unit